Friday, May 14, 2010

North Carolina!!!!!!!!!!!

Hey, guess what. Me and my family just went to North Carolina on April 29th and came back May 3rd. We had to drive through 3 states to get to North Carolina. Ohio, Virginia and West Virginia.

We stopped in West Virginia to go to Hillbilly Hot Dogs. Hillbilly Hot Dogs is like the best place to eat hot dogs in the world. I got a combo which came with two hot dogs, fries and a pop. I gave my second hot dog to my mom. They gave you a free ice cream cone if you sang their song from memory:

Sonny's the weenie man
He owns a weenie stand
He sells the best weenies around
Ding Ding Ding
Sharie's his weenie wife
She adds the spice that's right
Hillbilly hot dogs day or night
Ding Ding Ding
Yeehaw!!!!

Our whole family did it but we had to do it by ourselves. Dad got the biggest scoop of ice cream cause he had the best yeehaw. That was one of the funnest parts of the trip.

We were going to North Carolina for a missions trip type thing. It was called Gospel Fest. We passed out groceries, played with the kids, and a lot of other stuff. One of the churches supplied  houses, one for the boys and one for the girls. The houses were so nice. There was a little cabin thing on the property and when one of the other churches came we were all gonna be standing by it like that was where we were staying. We didn't end up doing it though. They cooked for us, there was canoing, it was so much fun.

At Gospel Fest I was in charge of the bouncy castle. It was really small so I could only let little kids in, and only three at once. I was so tired by the end but it was a lot of fun. I love kids so I was really glad that I got to work there.

When we left we got to go to Virginia Beach. It was so cool!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!. Then we went to Washington D.C. We saw the Washington Monument, and the Lincoln Memorial. It was so fun. We stayed at Hampton Inn for a night after Washington D.C.

That's it for now.

~Allyson

1 comment:

  1. hi ally,

    i could go for a hot dog right now..sounds like a fantastic time..glad you got to go and glad you are all home safely...love you, grandma glory

    ReplyDelete