Tuesday, October 16, 2007

State Exploration Assignment 7


*Post your state motto: "If you seek a pleasant peninsula, look about you. (Si quaeris peninsulam amoenam, circumspice.)
*When did you state adopt it: 1835
*By whom was it written: It was probably suggested by a mural inscription on St. Paul's cathedral in London, but I couldn't find who wrote it.




*Which state adopted their motto first: South
Carolina, on March 26, 1776
.


Sources:


Netstate
State Mottoes

e-ReferenceDesk:
Michigan Motto



~Allyson

2 comments:

  1. Great job. This is excellent! Oh, I see you found which state adopted their motto first... I couldn't find that. Lovely job!


    Jocelyn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello! Stopping over to see how the assignments are coming....

    And to answer your question, I suppose I meant do *you* think it's still represents your state?


    Jocelyn

    ReplyDelete