Friday, October 12, 2007

Homeschool Kids Write Assignment #2

August 3, 1492

We have finally set sail on the Santa Maria for the Indies. I am kind of afraid, but now we've started and I can't go back. I wonder if we are going to make it to the Indies. Captain Columbus wants to make it by sailing west the whole way.


September 25, 1492


We have been at sea for a whole month and we are running low on food and water. I am still wondering if we are going to make it to the Indies. I want to be the first one to spot land because Queen Isabella promised a reward to the first sailor to spot land. I am on watch tonight and I see the Captain pacing around on the deck. I wonder what he is thinking. Suddenly I heard a sailor shout "Land!" It turned out too be a false alarm.


October 12, 1492


I was so tired last night and I was on watch. Suddenly I saw a light. It did not look like a star; it looked more like a fire. Very excited I shouted, "Land! Land!" The Captain came and stood beside me. He saw the light too and was sure it was a fire. Early this morning we landed. It was good to feel ground again. It was the first time in three months. We had made it to the Indies.


~Allyson

1 comment:

  1. love your imagination. I felt like I was reading a real journal. Great job.

    ReplyDelete